Chatsworth, CA 91311
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may provide you the option to connect your account on the Sites to your account on some social networking sites for the purpose of logging in, uploading personal information or enabling certain features on the Sites. When logging in using your social network credentials, we may collect the personal information you have made publicly available on the social networking site, such as your name, profile picture, cover photo, username, gender, friends network, age range, locale, friend list and any other personal information you have made public. Once connected, other users may also be able to see information about your social network, such as the size of your network and your friends, including common friends. By connecting your account on the Sites to your account on any social networking site. We will not send any of your account personal information to the connected social networking site without first disclosing that to you. Each social network may further allow you to set privacy controls around your personal information on their system, and our collection of personal information will always follow such controls and permissions. This feature is subject to continuous change and improvement by us and each social networking site involved, and therefore the available features and shared personal information are subject to change. Please visit our Privacy Notice for any updates.
We may use hyperlinks on the Sites which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button or Twitter’s “tweet” button that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons none of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin providers. To illustrate this further, imagine the scenario where you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Sites. Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screen resolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Sites. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.
4. MOBILE DEVICE ADDITIONAL TERMS
• Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Sites or download any of our applications, we may collect device personal information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version personal information and IP address.
• Geo-Location Personal Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based personal information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application or our services, except that it may be possible for Privacy Notice (Rev. 13461BC) 4 / 6 Guardian Integrated Security Services to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
• Push Notifications. We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
• Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record personal information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the personal information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all personal information on the Sites as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password and computer/mobile device access confidential. If you have an account with Guardian Integrated Security Services and believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account please change your password as soon as possible. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
6. PRIVACY RIGHTS – CALIFORNIA USERS
If you use a mobile device to access the Sites or download any of our applications, we may collect device personal information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version personal information and IP address.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, personal information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this personal information would include a list of the categories of the personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a Privacy Notice (Rev. 13461BC) 5 / 6 California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address listed below.
7. DO-NOT-TRACK NOTICE
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Sites currently do not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
8. GOVERNING LAW
9. PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES
Guardian Integrated Security Services may, in its sole discretion, change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any and all changes to Guardian Integrated Security Services’s Privacy Notice will be reflected on this page and the date of the new version will be stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information that we have about you and your account. Users should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice. Guardian Integrated Security Services will always post new versions of the Privacy Notice on the Sites. However, Guardian Integrated Security Services may, as determined in its discretion, decide to notify users of changes made to this Privacy Notice via email or otherwise. Accordingly, it is important that users always maintain and update their contact personal information.